Happy 5 months my little booger!
Weight: You didn’t have a doctor’s appointment this month, so I don’t know your exact weight; but I would guess you are somewhere around 18lbs.
Clothes: Size 3 diapers and clothes range from 9 months to 12 months. You are growing out of all your 6 months clothes.
Sleep: Last month I talked about how you went from sleeping through the night like a champ to all of the sudden waking up in the middle of the night when you were about 3.5 months old. I later learned about something called the 4 month sleep regression. You can read about it here. That answered a lot of questions. You woke in the middle of the night for about 2 weeks and then you went back to sleeping through the night. We now start your bath routine as early as 5:30pm and you are asleep between 6 and 6:30pm. You sleep until 6:30am. I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter if I try to keep you up later at night, you still are up at 6:30am, regardless. So we put you to bed early because you are tired and start to get cranky anyways.
Feeding: You are taking 6-8oz per feeding and feed approx 5 times per day, every 3 hours. 6:30am, 930am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. You are still breastfeeding and I also pump. We supplement with Similac formula as well.
- sticking your tongue out- you definitely discovered your tongue this month
- your playmat
- your Jumperoo
- pulling hair
- your hands in your mouth as a chew toy and also biting mom’s nose and chin
- sitting up and playing
- being outside either during our walks or just in general it seems to soothe you
- being strapped into the carseat or stroller
- things going over your head – we have to play a little peek-a-boo game
- teething- You’ve been fussy with these teeth coming in and you woke up one night in crazy pain from 11:30pm until 2:30am. That was real fun.
Nothing would work to settle you down, so we resorted to the jumper at 2am in our bedroom. #brodywins
- we have 2 teeth! They came in the day after Thanksgiving
- rolling over from back to stomach a lot
- you say DaDa but you don’t know what it means
- you sit up on your own now – a bit wobbly still though
- your first Thanksgiving
- Baylor came to play with you for a weekend
- Cousin Kayla came to visit this month
- Auntie Kiel and Auntie Kalyn came for a visit over Thanksgiving
- You saw lots of family during Thanksgiving
Mommy loves you so much! You are more fun every single day and it is incredible to watch you learn. You wake up each day and do something new. A babies mind is absolutely amazing to watch.