Do you often find yourself with over-ripe bananas on your countertop?? We do and typically we either decide to freeze them for smoothies or lately, bake with them. Brody has been into baking lately, so we usually just try to see what we have around the house and come up with something.
Last week, we made this banana chocolate chip bread and it turned out so moist and delicious. Just a few hours after baking it, I came across a tip that sounded amazing. They said to grease your loaf pan and sprinkle a little sugar in it to give your bread the best coat around the outside. I will definitely be trying that next time!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 bananas, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon (I just poured some in. We love cinnamon.)
- chocolate chips (again, just a handful or so)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. ** Tip- Add a few sprinkles of sugar in loaf pan too
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Keeps well, refrigerated.