I’ve been cooking quite a few new recipes lately and doing my best to meal plan a bit. I’ve been loving using Instacart on Sunday evenings to have my groceries delivered on Monday morning. It makes me feel like I’m starting the week off right. So when I’m prepping my grocery order, I try to pick out at least two recipes to cook during the week. Lately, my go-to has been Skinnytaste. She has so many great recipes and they are pretty darn healthy. I will say that sometimes I have to either add some meat to the dish or buy a piece of meat for my husband on the side. But anyway, here are my latest recipes from her website.
I LOVEd this enchilada pie. I actually chose to add some chicken to mine because #husband, but you could make it either way. The only other thing I would do differently is I would have chopped the zucchini up even smaller. I think having it finely chopped in this recipe would have made it even better. If you are a Mexican food lover, go make this.
This was such a fun take on Chili because it actually included chickpeas. You could actually add whatever beans you happen to have in your pantry, but I would highly recommend including the chickpeas. I made mine in a pot instead of the crockpot for some reason, but it made it easy to still have a one pot meal.
This recipe was super tasty. The first bite I was interested but not 100% sure and then by the 2nd and 3rd bite I was hooked. The butternut squash is actually pureed to make the sauce and give the pasta a delicious creamy flavor. I used a hot Italian sausage and I felt like it gave it the perfect amount of kick. I ate the leftover for lunch the next day and just added a little water to it and it may have even tasted better than it did the first day!
Baked Parmesan Eggplant Stacks
I loved that these were baked and I thought they were so tasty. We don’t cook with eggplant that often unless it is some type of eggplant parmesan, but I loved that this was a healthier version without being fried!
Recipe below from the Skinnytaste Fast and Slow Cookbook
- Olive oil
- 2 large eggplants (about 3 pounds total)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 32 baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray or mist with olive oil.
- Trim the ends off the eggplant and slice each crosswise into twelve ½-inch-thick rounds to get 24 rounds total. Lightly spritz (or brush) both sides with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown on both sides, 8 to 9 minutes per side. Transfer all but the largest 8 rounds of eggplant to a plate.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cheeses and basil.
- Make stacks by ladling 1 tablespoon marinara sauce onto each of the 8 eggplant slices on the baking sheet. Top with 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture and 2 spinach leaves. Repeat to make a second layer and finish each stack with a third eggplant slice. Top each with 1 tablespoon marinara sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the stacks are heated throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
I just made this one this week to eat on for lunch. I love that we are in the start of soup season and it is my favorite thing to do to cook a soup at the start of the week so I can have leftovers all week long. I forgot to snap a photo of this one, but it’s simple and perfect if you are entertaining or just want to have an easy meal to throw in the crockpot.
I hope you enjoy!! What are some of your favorite Skinnytaste recipes?? Have you ever cooked one?