I was looking for a good side this weekend to serve with our steaks that we were grilling out on Saturday. We were having my brother’s family over for dinner and I feel like we always do the same sides all the time. So I came across this potato recipe on Pinterest that is far from healthy, but looked super easy and quite tasty. I was able to assemble the entire dish before our guests arrived and store it in the fridge until we were ready to cook it. Prep ahead recipes are my very favorite when I know we are entertaining. It makes it a lot less stressful come dinner time especially when we have kids running wild!
- 3/4 c. Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. stick of butter
- 2 lb. frozen hash browns cubed (shredded is okay too)
- 1 (10 oz.) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese + some for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 c. Corn Flakes, crushed mixed with a little butter
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp. butter until translucent.
- Combine sour cream, soup and butter in a bowl. Mix it well. Add salt, onion and cheese to this mixture and mix until all is combined.
- Put potatoes in mixture and pour into a 9 x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine cornflakes and remaining butter, and sprinkle evenly over top of casserole. top with extra cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.