I apologize for being absent for over a week! We had a rough week around the Malone household last week.
Ill start by saying that today I just wish to have my little man completely healthy again. He has been teething with a bad runny nose for over a week now.
Here’s what’s been going on:
-Brody was up ALL night long last Monday night
-After going to bed at 6pm, he woke up about 2.5 hours later crying and restless like he was sick and in a lot of pain.
– All 4 of his top teeth came in all at once…
(Plus the one on the top left was bruised and I think causing him even more pain)
– We gave him some Tylenol and some Hyland’s Teething tablets, but he spent most of the night on my chest in the rocking chair in his bedroom. It was the first full all-nighter we have ever pulled together. It was a looooong night. It broke my heart to see the little man so uncomfortable though.
– He had a terrible runny nose and was pretty congested. The more he cried, the more congested he got.
– My mother in law was my saving grace all week. She was such a big help.
– After being up all night Monday, I woke up Tuesday feeling sick too! I was achy, scratchy throat and runny nose.
– Matt went out of town Wednesday night and even though Brody was back to sleeping well at night, he was waking up at 515am ready to go for the day. Wednesday morning was loooong.
– We did a lot of bathing (trying to loosen up the congestion) and snuggling this week.
– We finally got him back to sleeping on his normal 6pm-6am schedule but I’m also afraid the day light savings time might still throw this for a loop.
– Most of the time he is still playing and being his happy self, but we have this constant runny nose that is so annoying. He absolutely hates when I wipe it- even with boogie wipes.
I’m asking all of you for any tips or tricks to get this baby feeling better. My pediatrician recommended saline spray and warm showers to loosen up the congestion. I’m having a tough time figuring out whether the runny nose is coming from teething or from a virus or cold. He hasn’t run any fevers.
Ill take any recommendations or tips for helping this baby!!